Friday 10 April 2020

How To Bake Cookies using Noxxa Pressure Cooker

I am not a baker or a cook but this MCO turns me into one.

Mama bought me Noxxa pressure cooker as a present last year when she stayed with me in Kuching for nearly a month. We used once for the meat stock and soup. Since then, the pressure cooker was safely kept in the box. 

What inspired me to use it recently? Definitely the Movement Control Order (to cope with Covid 19) has contributed to it. First personal attempt happened when my husband and I used it to make a sumptuous beef soup. The meat was so tender and it took us only 40 minutes.
The second attempt was yesterday when husband cooked a batch of tapioca. Again, it took only a short time as compared to conventional stove.
The third attempt was done right after that when I decided to try the recipe I saw on FB. So, after contemplating which recipe to use, I decided to just give it a go. My sharing this time is not about the recipe but my experience on using the pressure cooker to bake cookies.

Here goes my sharing:
First experiment :
I moulded my cookies batter and started to arrange them in the pot and ensuring there's some space for them if they expand more. I pressed the cake/bake button and set the time for 15 mins. Once the Pc beeped, we excitedly took off the cover and tried to scoop out one piece but to my dismay, it crumbled. The texture was soft as informed by the person who shared the how-tos but I guessed mine was too soft or not fully baked yet. We let it cool off for 5 mins and got the cookies on a tray. Still soft but after they were cool, they turned crunchy but easily crumbled. 

Second experiment: For the second batch, I did the same procedures but this time around, I decided to wait 10 mins after the PC let off its beeping sound and only took off the cover later. Hmm the texture of the cookies turned out better, easier to scoop but still soft in the middle which probably because they were still hot. 

Third experiment : For the third till fifth batches, I decided to press the cake/bake button and increase the timer to 20. Once the PC beeped, I waited 10 mins more and voilà, the cookies were so tasty in terms of taste and texture! In fact, they tasted like they were out of oven 😋. 

The pros of using Noxxa PC is the house is free from the heat that you usually experience when using the oven and less messy too.

The cons is it is time consuming as it took longer time than I expected. Because I'm using the latest version of Noxxa PC, I actually have less references to explore more on cooking/baking so I somehow had to experiment on which method is more suitable. 

So, would I be using Noxxa pressure cooker for cookies baking in the future? Hmm probably not or I should experiment on cakes but then again, it is a good option if you don't have an oven or you don't want to feel the prolonged heat from the oven around the house. 

          My Cornflakes Cookies Batter

                  Cookies were fully baked

       There's timer once the PC beeped           which I'm still figuring what it is for

                           Yeay done! 


No comments: