Wednesday 19 September 2012

Taking baby steps.

 

Okay, first and foremost, this post has nothing to do with the good news that my mum has been waiting for. Smile with tongue out

 

Last week, I was offered to join a dancing team for this PSKPP for district level. I was reluctant and refused it at first. But, my mentor who is also the manager and dancing trainer of the team was like lamenting about the lack of another dancer for so many times and unfortunately, it made me feel guilty and I sympathized them. So, with the 50-50 feeling, I said that I would help them but with the warning as I had no basic nor any ability to remember steps easily. 

The first few days were very stressful and tormenting to me as I could not comprehend and grasp the steps well. It felt like learning Add Maths…when you were taught the basics but then, the teacher proceeded too fast and this poor slow learner was unable to differentiate which came first or how. I felt like crying so hard every time we finished our practice. Everyone was doing so well. And I was like a stick that was trying to bend itself as graceful as possible which only turned out to be like an hideous troll with minimal awkward steps.

Then, we had our Malaysia Day holiday. I rejuvenated myself once I was with my husband. Changing my perspectives and attitude to be more positive.

This week, we started every thing with full commitment. My mentor is being very helpful and patience to all of us.  With on-going practices, we managed to grasp a full choreographed dance moves. Traditional dance, okay!

So, tomorrow is the last day for us to practice. Let’s hope every thing goes well.

 

Taking one step at a time.

No comments: